The YWCA NorthEastern NY (NENY) is the largest and oldest women’s organization in Schenectady.
Founded in 1888, the YWCA takes great pride in our legacy and continuity of mission for over a century. But we also realize that times have changed and the needs of women have evolved dramatically over the years.
Women have come out of the house and into their power – discovering that work and family are no longer an either/or proposition. Instead, women are fully embracing their rising leadership roles across the workplace, within their households, and throughout the community.
As women are increasingly faced with both desire and pressure to juggle work, family, community and self-care, this new era is not without its challenges.
That’s where the YWCA NorthEastern NY fits in.
Working women across all income levels join the YWCA because they share a singular aspiration – a desire to balance work and family life while continuing to grow as women and give back to their community.
It is a belief in the power of a community that cares for the whole that enables YWCA members to work together to face life’s challenges and find their success. Membership to the YWCA means you belong to a place where it is safe to explore your personal and professional interests fully. You can depend on a growing circle of women to support you through all stages of life. You stand in commitment to making Schenectady a better place for the next generation.
$30 per year
for more information on fitness memberships click here
All members regardless of gender, race, or income have the opportunity to
- Participate in programs and services that offer members hands-on, interactive learning experiences and access to resources that benefit the whole family.
- Engage in community service, mentoring, and networking that enable members to build relationships as the foundation for effective leadership and to shape future generations.
- Organize for collective action and raise funds to create a powerful voice that enables the YWCA to rise as a leader for social justice.
mission & vision
Strengthened by this diversity, the YWCA draws together members who strive to create opportunities for women’s growth, leadership and power in pursuit of a common vision of peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all people.
Participate in programs and services that offer members hands-on, interactive learning experiences and access to resources that benefit the whole family. Programs and Services available to members include:
- Economic Advancement
- Housing for Women
- Health and Wellness
- Enrichment Classes
- Fitness programs including Silver Sneakers ®
- Member Services
- Event Rentals
Engage in community service, training, and networking that enable members to build relationships as the foundation for effective leadership and to shape future generations. Volunteer leadership, training, and networking opportunities include:
- Board of Directors and Committees
- Client Advocacy
- Child Care
- Domestic Violence Shelter
- Special Projects
Organize for collective action and raise funds to create a powerful voice that enables the YWCA to rise as a leader for social justice. Community building opportunities for members include:
- Member Connections and News
- Social events
- Find us on Facebook & Twitter
- Fundraising and Special Events
- Women of Achievement & REACH Celebration
- National Advocacy
- YWCA Legislative Action Center