The YWCA Northeastern New York needs your help to continue the important work of eliminating racism and empowering women in our community. Your gift will help support YWCA programs that promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for over 13,000 women, girls and their families.
Your generosity enables the YWCA to:
Gifts of any and every size make a tremendous difference! The donation you make today will help change the lives of girls and women for many tomorrows to come.
Donate today by using the PayPal Button at the bottom of this webpage.
Attention GE Matching Donors:
Call in Your Donation to the GE Foundation
You can do this by calling 1-800-305-0669 or by going to their website: www.gefoundation.com/matchinggifts. Gifts must be a tax deductible contribution of $25 or more, paid to the organization directly. A gift made within the calendar year must be registered by the following January 31st in order to get matching funds from GE. Please refer to us as the YWCA of Schenectady in your contact with the GE Foundation. Every matching fund is important to us. If you forget, we miss out on those important funds.
Please call Jo-Anne Rafalik at 374-3395 Ext 105 if you have any questions.
While the YWCA appreciates your donations, we are unfortunately unable to accept all items. If you are interested in donating to the YWCA NorthEastern NY please follow the guidelines below.
- Gift Cards (Walmart, Target, Price Chopper, etc.)
- Cell Phones, iPads & iPods – Working phones will be used for 911 access. Older/non-working cell phones, iPads, & iPods, are recycled through the Shelter Alliance Program. Drop off all phones at the YWCA’s front desk, with your child’s teacher, or with any of the advocates.
- Postage Stamps
- Phone Cards
- Bedding (twin only)
- Non-perishable food items (coffee, tea, tuna fish, peanut butter, soup, etc.)
- Bus Tokens
Due to NYS Department of Health regulations we can only accept the following in brand NEW condition:
- Bathing Suits
- Booster Seats
- Car seats
- High Chairs
- NO over-the-counter medications
Due to limited storage space, please call to see if the following items are needed:
- Computers and accessories (all donated computers must be in working order and be compatible with Windows XP and Office 2007)
- Household items (working condition)
May be deposited in the Blue Collection Box located in our parking lot
Please keep in mind that women will be using the clothing for job interviews. Clothing should be clean and suitable for professional job interviews and employment.
The YWCA once again thanks you for your generosity.
Please do not leave donations outside our building – the disposal costs are very high.